Friday 29 March 2013

Keeping on track

I am SO excited to be on the right track. For a while I would lose a little then gain it right back. The issue? Not tracking and eating WAY too much on the weekends. I think I forgot that this is a lifestyle change and I cannot eat whatever I want, even if I have lost a good amount of weight.  Below are tips that have kept me on track and has worked for ME. Everyone's body is different and I am in no way shape or form a nutritionist/fitness expert haha!

  •   ALWAYS TRACK: For a while, I would track during the week then Saturday  and Sunday was a free for all, or as I called it "a cheat day" LOL.. I would eat whatever I wanted and as much. Come Monday, I would be shocked at how much I gained!! So always track what goes in your mouth as the scale doesn't lie, only you do.        
  •  STAY AWAY FROM TOO MANY CARBS: I know on Weight Watchers you can eat whatever you want and I definitely do, but sometimes you aren't going to see amazing results from high fat/ high carb foods. I was always eating bread or some form of rice with about every meal and for me, it was just not working with my body. I have learned that if I want bread for lunch, then I will not eat any carbs for breakfast. I am not the type to be at the gym 24/7 so foods that are high in carbs are tough for me to burn off quickly
  • ALWAYS EAT BREAKFAST: I always thought skipping a meal was going to make me lose SO much weight, haha WRONG! I would have lunch then would come home from work around 5:30 and raid the cabinets like it was my style! I think I would eat a good 10- 15 points prior to dinner. I always try to have a bigger breakfast because it really does set the tone for the day! I try to eat 6-8 points for breakfast. Eggs, oatmeal, lots of fruit, milk. I do try to stay away from cereal, I feel like it's empty carbs and it does not fill me up at all
  • WORK OUT: Well this is pretty self explanatory. This is more for people like me who HATE working out lol. Hate it!! The main work outs I do is Zumba. I have amazing teachers who are so intense and they are just beyond great! Always a great workout when you leave there sore! I also park far away when I go shopping. I think it's great to just stay active with whatever you do. At home when I  do laundry I jog down the stairs, just little silly things! I also love this app on my iPhone: it's called "Workouts" it is free and amazing! They have all different types of work out for all parts of your body and rane from 10 mins- 1 hour. If I cant Zumba or go to the gym I do little workouts at home in my little room as you do not need a lot of space, which is great!
  • STAY POSITIVE: If you are negative then you are destined to fail, easy as that. I didn't spend a few weeks gaining this weight and certainly won't take a few weeks to lose it! No matter how many days you gain, or just eat too much, you keep going because you are AMAZING. Unfortunately, there are some people in life that would love to see you fail, why give in. Just know it will be worth all of this blood sweat and tears and you WILL come out on top, you just need to believe in yourself.
 I hope this helps anyone who is having a tough time, or needs a little help. Again, I am NO expert. I am just sharing a few tips that work for me.

XO
Cori

No comments:

Post a Comment